It feels as if summer has come and gone already… The sunshine has been fantastic, but some days the kids have refused to go very far because they’re so hot. On the other hand, we have had several storms and the rain has kept us close to home. Warner Bros may just have the answer though, with their clever app to keep the kids (and the folks!) happy this summer.
Even though we’re a home educating family, the holidays still bring us a sense of kicking back and avoiding the hustle and bustle of life. As a kid I remember snuggling up to watch a movie or two when the weather caused me to stay home.
So with this in mind, I’ve compiled a list of must-see movies when the kids are bored this summer!
1. One of George and Molly’s favourites (and Warren’s!) is The Lego Movie. They adore Lego and to see it come to life with a full on story, well that’s pretty special!
2. I know that Max would definitely be on George’s ‘to watch’ list. He is crazy for our pooch, so anything with a dog in and he’s sold!
3. Molly would prefer The Nut Job. She loves comedy capers and animation, so this would cetainly keep her entertained!
4. Scooby Doo has always been a big hit in this house, the kids totally love the scares! Plus, they almost become mini-detectives, trying to work out ‘whodunnit’!
5. Dolphin 2 is an all round family film. This one requires popcorn, blankets and cuddles!
How about grabbing the tablets and downloading the app so the kids can watch a movie of their choice? This gives you the extra time to do a spot of washing up, read a book or have a cuppa… or you just might want to join them and watch a movie too!
However you spend the summer, make sure you make time for each other, a movie night is the perfect way to reconnect.
And don’t forget the popcorn!