We live in Llantrisant and we love Halloween, so I feel a certain obligation to put together a post focused on local events for local (imagine League of Gentlemen here!) people… or basically anyone keen to visit this gorgeous part of Wales and celebrate Halloween all at once!
Here’s my list of things to do in and around RCT for Halloween…
- Spooktacular. This is the first year this event will run and it looks set to be a good one! With pumkin carving, spooky arts and crafts and so much more, you’d be mad to miss it. Tickets are £5.95 (plus online boking fee) and you only need tickets for children, so it’s a great deal for a family day out.
- Hendrewennol. Who doesn’t love this place?! This year Halloween returns at Hendrewennol and you can expect to see a whole host of activities from the Broomstick Factory to Web Making. Tickets are a must-have and prices start from £2.50 for a ground pass.
- Talbot Green Community Centre are hosting a Halloween Disco on Saturday 29th October 6-8pm, adults are £1 and kids go free!
- It may not be until November, but here’s a treat if you’re child-free, go and see The Zombies play at the Coliseum Theatre Aberdare! £25 a ticket. My fave of theirs is ‘She’s Not There’, what’s yours?
- Talbot Green Shopping Park is hosting a free event for families on Thursday 27 October, between 10am – 1pm at Clarks.
- The Royal Mint in Llantrisant will have activities running from 25th-28th October 10-4pm. See my review of the Experience here – we loved it!
- X-Scream at Rhondda Heritage Park is an adults only event, not for the faint-hearted! Running from 20th-31st Halloween, tickets range from £14.99-£19.99. Get yours whilst you can!
- Jolly Jesters are hosting a Halloween Spooktacular on 31st October 4.30-6.30pm, as well as toddler events during the day.
- Mountain View Ranch is one of those places we adore visiting, and they have Halloween activities planned between 22nd-31st October, including a Room on the Broom Story and Trail!
So, that’s my round-up of wonderful activities available, will you be going to any?