I’m becoming a huge fan of Decoupage, so when Hobbycraft sent me Christmas themed paper, I couldn’t wait to get stuck in, don’t forget #makeitdontbyit!
I love Mod Podge glue, and I think it’s possibly the best addition to any crafter’s home. When it comes to Decoupage it goes hand in hand…
Here are the steps I followed to create a lovely Christmas jar.
- Wash and dry a recycled glass jar.
- Get your Mod Podge glue ready with a brush and have your paper to hand.
- Coat a section of the glass jar with the glue. Don’t use too much glue, otherwise it will tear the paper and take longer to dry.
- Tear some strips off the Decoupage paper and place them onto the glue, overlaping them and not worrying about it being ‘neat’. (Obviously keeping it flat to the glass is important but the torn paper will give the lovely Decoupage effect.)
- Using the brush, paste more glue over the top of the paper to make it stick.
- Once you’ve layered and covered the whole jar, leave it to one side to dry.
- When it’s dry add ribbons, string, bells or whatever you like!
I added a simple purple ribbon and green bell.
I love our new Christmas themed jar, and I think I’ll add one of those electonic tealights to light it up from the inside. You could also fill it with candy canes- yummy!
Have you tried Decoupage? What method did you follow?