We’ve been loving our Veganuary, from creating new and exciting recipes to eating things that make us feel SO good, it’s been an amazing month so far. I’m going to be completely honest and say, I’m not the kinda cook that measures each ingredient, unless it’s something very particular or new and I’m nervous it will go wrong. I love nothing more than completely winging it, and that’s exactly what I did with this recipe!
We love pancakes and usually have them on a Sunday, but thanks to Veganuary we’re having them a lot more and totally loving it. So, I thought I’d write a little post about how we make our yummy pancakes…
1 large ripe banana
Alternative milk (We love coconut, but any kind would do)
Self Raising Flour
As I’ve said before, I don’t measure much and when it comes to pancakes I love to dive right in and not worry about scales!
1. Mash the banana up in a bowl or large jug (the jug is really useful for pouring the pancakes into the saucepan.).
2. Add milk (I go for about 500ml but there are no hard and fast rules!), a couple of dessert spoons of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla essence and a glug of maple syrup.
3. Mix it all together and then slowly add two teaspoons of baking powder and a couple of spoonfuls of flour. Keep adding flour and mixing it until it becomes a thick consistency, perfect for cooking!
4. Add blueberries and give it a very gentle stir.
5. Heat up a frying pan with a little oil/margarine.
6. Use the jug or a deep spoon to place pancakes onto the frying pan.
7. Now the hard part, you have to wait!
8. Flip the pancakes over when you see a lot of bubbling taking place.
9.Serve however you like, we always go for fresh berries and maple syrup!
This is how they look just before you need to flip them, and here’s how they turned out…
We absolutely adore these pancakes and they are becoming a weekly regular for our household! I hope you like our slap-dash recipe and let me know if you like to just go for it in the kitchen like we do!
How do you like your vegan pancakes?